Working class striking back, capitalist crisis and the case for socialism
Rally for Socialism
Saturday 19 November 5.30-7.30 pm (UK time)
Watch the live broadcast here: www.youtube.com/video/u6ssbFZXc2k/
The rally is part of the ‘Socialism 2022’ weekend event hosted by the Socialist Party in England and Wales
It’s a weekend of debate, discussion, and a program for socialist struggle is taking place in London on November 19/20.
With a historic crisis facing the Tory government and brutal attacks on living standards provoking the biggest strike wave for decades, the need for a clear socialist program and alternative to capitalism is more urgent than ever.
All this is taking place in Britain against the background of a global capitalist crisis, the war in the Ukraine, and mass uprisings in Sri Lanka and other countries. The need for a Marxist analysis of the current state of global capitalism and what the future hold is also now essential.
Join us for a weekend of theory, debate, and discussion to plan to fight for a socialist future.
The event will be in-person but fighting socialists, workers, and young people from across the world are invited to attend. A number of the workshops will have zoom access and the rally will be live-streamed.
Zoom details will be sent to all ticket-holders on Friday.
Rally speakers include:
- Hannah Sell, Socialist Party general secretary
- Prasad, a socialist leader of the mass revolt in Sri Lanka
- Jared Wood, RMT London regional organiser (personal capacity [pc])
- Peter Taaffe, Socialist Party political secretary and former editor of the Militant
- Sheila Caffrey, National Education Union National Executive (pc)
- Gary Clark, CWU Scotland No. 2 Branch Secretary (pc)
- Holly Johnston, NHS trade union activist (pc)
- Chaired by Lenny Shail, Socialism 2022 organiser
Find details and register: https://www.socialistparty.org.uk/product/socialism
Donate to the Socialism 2022 appeal: https://www.socialistparty.org.uk/donations/s22/