18th annual Youth Against Racism in Europe (YRE) Greek camp
An international youth camp on the Greek island of Kefallonia, held from 29 July to 7 August, will bring together activists from Tunisia, Spain and Italy and other countries and from all over Greece to discuss how to organise a European-wide and international fight-back for “real democracy” against the dictatorship of the market.
Discussions will take place at the campsite at 12 noon and at 8pm, with free participation.
Sessions are planned for
- Uprising in North Africa and the Middle East
- What is our program against the economic crisis?
- Workers’ struggles: conclusions and perspectives
- The movement of the ’Indignants’
- Cyprus: the Turkish/Cypriots struggles
- The rise of the far right in Europe
- ’Golden Dawn’ in Greece (Greek neo- fascist organisation)
- Crime and ghettos: what are the causes and which is the way forward?
- The development of fascism from a historic perspective
- Conclusions from the 300 migrants hunger strike and refugees struggles
- From Leukimi to Keratea (places in Greece): movements of resistance and perspectives for waste disposal
- Nutrition: additives in food
- From Chernobyl to Foukosima
- Struggles against the privatisation of water in Europe, Latin America and Africa
- Updates from international movements on education: England- Ireland
- Football in crisis: violence at the football stadium- illegal betting
Camp guest speakers:
A Tunisian Socialist; Marco Verrugio: member of the CC of Communist Refoundation and Controcorrente; Lucy Redler: member of SAV (CWI in Germany); Sonja Grusch: member of SLP (CWI in Austria); Wouter Vanzeele and Matias from LSP (CWI Belgium), Victor from SR (CWI Spain), Athena Kariati: Youth Against Racism in Cyprus.
- Daily free film showings
- Day-trips and tours around the island
- 2 ‘all-night’ and one afternoon beach party
- Music nights and games
- A play performed by camp participants camp
130 euros if travelling from Athens; 150 euros if travelling from Thessaloniki or Volos/Larisa
If you wish to attend/need more information phone:
Athens: +30 210 2283018-19 & 6976436302
Thessaloniki: +30 2310 540432 & 6977646995
or send an email to: email@example.com
Blog in Greek: www.yregreece.blogspot.com
The CWI relies on the donations from working class people around the world to fund our campaigns.Please donate towards building the CWI.