Stop the repression of trade unionists!
The following solidarity appeal calls for the immediate recognition of the SUPROFRAD union in the RACE pharmaceutical company plant, and for the re-admission of all those workers made redundant by management.
Solidarity action need with RACE pharmaceutical workers
We, the workers in the medicine company RACE, appeal to all workers, and the public, in general, as well as other trade unions and popular organisations, to denounce the union busting and anti-worker policies of the management of the RACE company is using against its workers. Workers at RACE are fighting to build a democratic trade union to defend workers rights.
The medical company RACE is one of the most important distributors of medicines in the Venezuela. It accounts for 5% of the national market, and is the owner of a Farma Plus, a franchise of pharmacies.
The company has responded to the constitutional right of workers to organise themselves with the dismissal of three members of the joint leadership of SUPROFARD, our recognised trade union.
On Friday 4 November, Johnny Coronil and Danny Santos were sacked. They will join the general secretary of the trade union, SUPROFARD, who was dismissed by the company in May, this year, for demanding his rights.
The RACE management has set up a ‘yellow union’ that represents nobody and whose sole objective is to divide workers and to hinder the genuine organisation of workers. The company is threatening its workforce with new redundancies.
We appeal for national and international support
Please send urgent messages and resolutions to the RACE company and to the Ministry of Labour demanding:
- The immediate readmission of Andry Key, Johnny Coronil and Danny Santos – the sacked workers who are member of the joint leadership of SUPROFRAD
- Immediate recognition of the trade union SUPROFRAD
- Immediate intervention by the labour inspection department of the Labour ministry, with the aim of guaranteeing the rights of the RACE workers, and to take action against the repressive measures of the company
Send protest letters to:
- The company: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Send copies to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
With dignity, confidence and resistance, we will win,
The Joint Leadership of SUPROFARD